Curriculum Committee Charge
The School of Extended & International Education (SEIE) Curriculum Committee reviews and makes recommendations for policies, proposals, courses, and programs that are under the purview of the School of Extended and International Education. The charge of the committee as prescribed by Senate policy 2014-1, shall include but not be limited to:
- Determine the format and required information for all new program and course proposals.
- Discuss and recommend approval or disapproval of all SEIE-related proposals, including but not limited to course proposals, program changes, addition and deletion of courses and programs, program review, and general policies with impact on instruction and learning. Proposals are reviewed for appropriate content, quality, and instructor qualifications. The purpose of the proposal review process is to:
- assess duplication of existing courses/programs in the stateside offerings;
- ensure curricular review and offerings in academic unit;
- assess resources available to sustain program; and
- assess merit and alignment to both the academic mission of SSU and the mission of SEIE.
- Reassign proposals for further review by the appropriate department or school curriculum committee. Please see the curriculum review flowchart for more details.
- Support collaborative initiatives across Sonoma State University and with community partners in our service area.
- One SEIE staff member (appointed by the SEIE dean)
- Committee Chair elected annually at the first meeting of the fall term.
- One faculty member, elected for a three-year term, from the schools of Arts and Humanities, Business and Economics, Education, Science and Technology, Social Sciences, and the Library. It is recommended that faculty members have experience with or interest in programs currently offered within SEIE.
- Dean, School of Extended & International Education
- Director of Academic Programs, School of Extended & International Education
- Director of Professional Development & International Programs, School of Extended & International Education
University Studies Curriculum Committee Membership 2022-2023
Science & Technology
Extended & International Education
Arts & Humanities
Business & Economics
SEIE Interim Executive Director
John B. Green
SEIE Professional Development & International Programs
Damien J. Hansen
SEIE Academic Credit Programs
Academic Year 2022-23 Meeting Dates
SEIE Curriculum Committee meetings are generally held via Zoom from 10:00-11:30am on the second Friday of each month. Please see below for the full schedule of meeting dates for 2022-2023. For Zoom information, email Nina Mendia.
September 9, 2022
October 14, 2022
November 4, 2022
December 9, 2022
February 10, 2023
March 10, 2023
April 14, 2023
May 12, 2023