The academic program is a professionally designed curriculum for students from high beginning to advanced levels of English proficiency.
- Students receive instruction in grammar, composition, oral communication, reading, and vocabulary.
- Class size averages 12-15 students. Students get a lot of individual attention.
- Up-to-date textbooks and multi-media materials are used for instruction.
- Classroom instruction is enriched and supplemented with contact assignments and field trips.
- Students can select from a variety of special elective classes such as iBT TOEFL Preparation, American Culture & Conversation, Idioms and Slang, Pronunciation, Listening, English through Music and Vocabulary.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What a Homestay is NOT What you CAN do Taxi service Ride your bike, walk, take the bus. ... Families who are only white, native English speakers Know that Americans are immigrants. They come from many
If you have questions about immigration, visa, registration, costs, medical insurance, or housing options, ask the International Student Coordinator.
If you have questions about your house, your room, your homestay family, your neighborhood, ask the ISP Coordinator or your homestay family who you will be introduced to by email from ISP.
Fire Season: The beautiful sunshine that brings many people to live, work, and study in California can also contribute to hot dry summer and fall seasons and extended fire seasons. Wildfires are a natural part of California’s landscape; their smoke may travel many miles from the fire and be a part of local weather patterns. During wildfire and smoke events, it is best to stay indoors with HEPA...
Culture shock is very common among international students in the U.S. because the culture may be very different from your home country. You may or may not experience some of the following:
If you would like to read more and watch a video about culture shock, click the link here: https://www....