Whether you are experienced at social media, or brand new, the Sonoma State University, Social Media Marketing Certificate program, will provide you with the skills to build your community, develop strategy, create engaging content, implement a marketing campaign, and measure your social media analytics. After completion of the program, you will have the knowledge to develop your own social marketing campaign.
Social Media has changed the way we work and communicate. As of 2019, over 3 billion people around the world are using social media. You might not connect with the world, but you need to connect with your current and potential customers to build relationships. Social Media is a key source of information and news in today’s world. About 90% of marketers notice that their social marketing efforts increase their exposure (Ignite Visibility, 2018). If you are looking to build your business, your brand, your visibility, and your customer service, social media is where you will drive customer engagement. Social media is fertile ground for you to find your customers, donors, and clients of all generations.
The Sonoma State University Social Media Marketing Certificate program is a one evening a week, 14 week, fall semester program, which includes the completion of a social media project.
- You will learn to:
- leverage personal social media experience professionally
- Provide a consistent identity across channels
- Determine which social media channels work best as part of an overall strategy
- Think strategically and adjust plans to changes in the community conversation
- Explore the importance of video, images, memes, and infographics across channels
- Understand the value of mobile
- Identify key performance indicators and build reports from them
- Analyze social media strategy and determine its effectiveness
- Use measurement, analytics and paid options
- Integrate old and new media tools into an overall communications campaign and strategy
*Social Media Update. (2016).
Retrieved from http://www.pewinternet.org/2016/11/11/social-media-update-2016/.
Program cost: $1,150.