Notice to Students Re: Professional Licensure and Certification
California State University programs for professions that require licensure or certification are intended to prepare the student to meet California licensure and certification requirements. Admission into programs for professions that require licensure and certification does not guarantee that students will obtain a license or certificate. Licensure and certification requirements are set by agencies that are not controlled by or affiliated with the California State University and licensure and certification requirements can change at any time. The California State University has not determined whether its programs meet other states’ educational or professional requirements for licensure and certification. Students enrolled in a California State University program who are planning to pursue licensure or certification in other states are responsible for determining whether they will meet their state’s requirements for licensure or certification. This disclosure is made pursuant to 34 CFR §668.43(a)(5)(v)(C).
Fall 2020 Registration
- The FNP Fall 2020 Certificate class schedule list the course information. You will need the 4-digit class codes to register for all classes listed for your group.
- Register online through MySSU between now and August 7. Payment (or financial aid award in place) is due August 7.
- When you are ready to register go back to the SEIE Registration Basics page and scan through it to make sure you have completed all preliminary steps, then click on the Register Now button at the bottom of the page.
- Remember to pay special attention to Holds and Financial Aid To-Dos.
- Registration windows and payment dates can be found on our Registration Dates and Deadlines page.
The fees for the FNP Certificate Program are $630/unit, amounting to $22,680 for the 36 units. Required books and materials come to around more than $1,000, for a total of around $24,000. Laboratory fees are included in the tuition.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
The FNP Certificate Program is financial aid eligible; please visit our SEIE Financial Aid page website for details regarding financial aid and links to the applications. On that page there is also a link in the sidebar to some external scholarship opportunities. Reminder: you must apply for financial aid and scholarships each year.