This self-support certificate program is not currently accepting applications, but those interested are encouraged to apply for the stateside Master of Science in Nursing as a second master's degree.
Students applying to the FNP Certificate program must have met the following criteria: Please note: The NLN Challenge Exam is no longer required.
- Master of Science in Nursing from a nationally accredited School (ACEN, CCNE). See below
- Active, unrestricted, California RN license with no disciplinary action pending or imposed
- Overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 in graduate coursework
- Two years’ experience as an RN preferred; however, will consider individual background
- Non-refundable CalState Online application fee of $70
- Must have evidence on transcript of course content in areas of Ethics, Health policy and Research
If your MSN is not from an accredited school, core graduate-level courses taken in research, theory, ethics, and health policy must be evaluated before acceptance to the program. You will be asked to submit the syllabuses for each of these courses. The course descriptions may be submitted if the syllabuses are not available, but these may not contain enough detail to demonstrate appropriate preparation.