Students applying to the FNP Certificate program must have met the following criteria: Please note: The NLN Challenge Exam is no longer required.
- Master of Science in Nursing from a nationally accredited School (ACEN, CCNE). See below
- Licensed Registered Nurse in California
- Overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 in graduate coursework
- Two years’ experience as an RN preferred; however, will consider individual background
- Non-refundable CalState Online application fee of $70
- Must have evidence on transcript of course content in areas of Ethics, Health policy and Research
If your MSN is not from an accredited school, core graduate-level courses taken in research, theory, ethics, and health policy must be evaluated before acceptance to the program. You will be asked to submit the syllabuses for each of these courses. The course descriptions may be submitted if the syllabuses are not available, but these may not contain enough detail to demonstrate appropriate preparation.
- Applications are accepted between October 1 and December 31 to begin the following August.
- New process: ONE application to SSU ONLY
Sonoma State University Application
Applicants will be notified about their status towards the end of March.
A complete application consists of the following materials. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- An online application through calstate.edu filed between October 1 and December 31 (fee required). Upload the following materials:
- All Official Transcripts of your MS and BSN programs - sent to SSU Admissions & Records
- Breeze verification of your California RN license
- A non-refundable administration fee of $60 made payable to SSU. Please mail to:
Sonoma State University
1801 East Cotati Avenue
Rohnert Park, CA 94928