The ten-week online course will present essential introductions to nine key components of the management of non-profit (or social sector) organizations. Taught by experienced non-profit management professionals, the course will provide real-life examples and case studies and offer students opportunities to practice basic skills in each subject area. The new Nonprofit Management Certificate Program will consist of a single online course, taught over ten 3-hour evenings, each on a different topic.
- Introduction to the Nonprofit Sector
- Boards and Governance
- Program Development
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Nonprofit Law
- Fundraising Overview
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Program Evaluation
- Students will be able to articulate the important ways the nonprofit sector differs from the private for-profit sector and the public government sector
- Students will gain foundational knowledge and basic skills in the nine aspects of nonprofit management
- Students will gain practical advice and real-world wisdom from diverse, experienced nonprofit professionals
- Students will leave equipped with instructor-recommended resources for further learning on each subject
Students will gain understanding of the nonprofit sector as a whole, along with the key elements involved in managing and working in a nonprofit. From instructors and otherstudents, students will gain a broader perspective of the array of skills sets and the numerous associated occupations in the sector. For those transitioning from the for-profit or public sector, opportunities to practice transferring existing skills will be offered. Substantial resources will be provided for students seeking further learning in any of the subjects covered.