Mark your calendars!
Students will be admitted to the program each Fall semester based on fulfilling both the general education CSU transfer pattern and Business Administration pre-requisites. AA-Transfer Business students will have completed most or all of these as part of their Associate's Degree.
- GPA must be a 2.0 or better
- Students must be in good standing at the last institution attended. If you have been disqualified or are on probation, you may need to take extra steps for admission.
- We strongly recommend getting a pre-admission consultation to determine where you stand in terms of entrance requirements
- Minimum entrance requirements can be in progress or planned when you apply, but they must be completed by the end of the Spring semester preceding enrollment (Summer Session not included).
Prospective students are strongly encouraged to seek advising before submitting an application.
First, you can visit your local community college's Transfer Center for an assessment of your CSU transferability and to work out a plan to take care of any missing requirements.
Once you are ready to apply, you will need to supply complete transcripts from all colleges attended. Official copies will be required by Admissions and Records, but if you require a discussion about your transfer status with an SSU SEIE Advisor, you may share an unofficial copy for that purpose.
Students must meet SSU upper division transfer requirements to be admitted to this program.
- 60 semester units of transferable college-level work with a C average.
- 30 of these units must be in general education according to the CSU pattern at a C average, and must include the following:
- A1 (Written & Oral Analysis/Speech): grade of CR/C- or greater
- A2 (English Composition): grade of CR/C- or greater
- A3 (Critical Thinking): grade of CR/C- or greater
- B4 (Math/Quantitative Reasoning): grade of CR/C- or greater (preferably Statistics, Finite Math, or Calculus; see below)
- Additional lower-division general education above these minimum entrance requirements must be completed in order to graduate. See General Education Requirements Overview under 48-unit Transfer GE Pattern.
- The ASSIST website can help you choose qualifying classes at community colleges, but you should also work with a counselor.
Business Administration Program Transfer Requirements
Preparatory courses (needed in order to take core courses):
- ECON 204 Introduction to Macroeconomics
- ECON 205 Introduction to Microeconomics
- MATH 131 Introduction to Finite Mathematics or MATH 161 Calculus or Business Math
- MATH 165 Elementary Statistics or BUS 211 Business Statistics
Lower division core courses currently include:
- BUS 225 Legal Environment of Business
- BUS 230A Financial Accounting
- BUS 230B Managerial Accounting
The School of Business and Economics (SBE) has prepared a list outlining equivalent coursework from California community colleges, but it is a good idea to work with an advisor before registering for any preparatory coursework just to confirm current equivalencies. They have also supplied a worksheet to help give you an idea of which requirements you have fulfilled.
Pre-Admission Advising Tools
If you have any questions about the business prerequisites or utilizing these admissions tools, please reach out to Nina Mendia firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit our Undergraduate Application page before applying. This page includes:
- Pointers on how to use the Cal State Apply site
- Important dates and deadlines
- Information about Financial Aid
- Information for international students
For questions or concerns about the application steps, please work closely with Nina Mendia, 707-664-2682, email@example.com, so she may support you through the process.
If you are sending your official transcripts from your previous institutions, please see the instructions from the admissions department as there are two ways to send your official transcripts-
Option 1: Electronic Transcripts
Option 2: Mail
Mail all transcripts to:Sonoma State University
Attn: Office of Admissions
1801 East Cotati Avenue
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
Ready to complete your degree?
We think the best way to learn if a program is right for you is to hear about it firsthand - so please join us at an info session.