$5,000 International University Student Scholarship (IUSS)
The Application Deadline for Fall 2023 is now CLOSED!
Scholarship Information For Fall 2023 Only
- Open to new, first-time international undergraduate and graduate students attending Sonoma State University on an F-1 visa.
- Applicants will receive the online IUSS application scholarship link AFTER SSU Admissions receives their complete CalStateApply application.
- The following applications must be completed and submitted by April 2, 2023:
- Online Scholarship Application, including 500-word essay
- CalStateApply application submitted to SSU
- The graduate and undergraduate international scholarships are competitive. The $5000 Scholarship award winners will be judged on their final GPA and 500-word essay. A limited number of scholarships are available.
- The following undergraduate and graduate programs are not eligible for the international scholarship:
- Master of Arts in Spanish
- Hybrid Saturday BA (Degree Completion Program)
- Business Administration (Degree Completion)
- Liberal Studies at North Bay community colleges (Degree Completion)
- Executive MBA and Executive Global Wine MBA
- For more SSU Admissions information, click: http://admissions.sonoma.edu/how-apply/application-deadlines
Check out all our Degree Programs!
Highlights of the Selection Process:
- The IUSS Selection Committee will review all eligible applications and decide to whom and the number (if any) of scholarships that will be granted.
- Committee will review each applicant’s GPA and essay to determine scholarship winners.
- The application review process will begin in April 2023.
- IUSS Scholarship recipients will be notified the first week of May 2023!
Connect with Us Now!
How to Apply to SSU:
- Follow the SSU application process and next steps listed on these Admission pages.
- Health Insurance typically increases annually; for the most up-to-date costs, please visit the International Student Health Insurance SSU Webpage.
- The California State University (CSU) makes every effort to keep student costs to a minimum. Fees listed in published schedules or student accounts may need to be increased when public funding is inadequate. Therefore, the CSU must reserve the right, even after initial fee payments are made, to increase or modify any listed fees, without notice, until the date when instruction for a particular semester has begun. Check out the Tuition and Fees Site.